Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Residence Life Cinema?
- What movies are available?
- What do we need to be able to use your program on our campus?
- Can I purchase movies from you?
- What video formats do you provide?
What is Residence Life Cinema?
Residence Life Cinema is a division of Swank Motion Pictures, Inc. ® and provides a full program solution to help you maximize your campus channel. Residence Life Cinema offers:
- Campus entertainment using licensed Hollywood movies and your own campus produced programs.
- Enhanced communication opportunities using the time between programs to reach your students with important messages.
- Student development through social, cultural and issue-based educational programming and support materials.
What movies are available?
As an authorized studio agent, we represent a large number of Hollywood studios, including Warner Bros., Sony Pictures, NBC Universal and many more, providing you with legal access to approximately 16,000 movie titles. We also offer TV programs, publicity, professionally written discussion guides and the "Building Student Success" video series.
What do we need to be able to use your program on our campus?
Technically, it’s very simple. You just need a closed circuit campus channel. We will provide the programming and equipment to get you started. If you don’t have a campus channel, call us to find out how to get one or to learn about providing online programming to students through your campus network.
Can I purchase movies from you?
Residence Life Cinema does not "sell" feature films. Rather, we provide movies and include the legal copyrights necessary for you to broadcast them on your campus cable system. To maintain regular student interest, most schools believe it is important to keep their program schedule fresh with new and popular movies. Our clients tell us the best way to do that is to show each movie a number of times over a one month period and then replace it with a new movie.